跳到主要內容

Report: Public Relation Manager


Public Relation Manager
1.    Introduction
Not like others, I don’t have a lot of dreams when I was little. I mean I do, but they are all fantasy when I grew up and realized that pretty quickly. For my personality I think I’m not a behaved child while grew up. I still don’t behave well now and I think I need to have some challenge for me to tame myself, otherwise I would soon be abandoned by this society I suppose.
It’s not much to say about public relation. First I’m sure the industry will be long-live in this world, because every business needs to promote their things. Second, it’s a job that you’ll find pride and small success and you learn how to work as a group. Finally, you’ll see a better fit for you and finally tired out to do anything of this job and leave this exhausting business.
I don’t see great people in this industry but I do see that great people have been through this process of working as a public relation manager. That’s why I choose this job, it’s never a dream of mine but you’ll eventually learn lots of things from it. I want to have some experience of persuading people and how to be confident when talking to people or do a great presentation in front of bosses. I like to be those kinds of strong women in the American drama. I want to be proud and satisfied with my job, and mostly the feeling of so tiring but so worth it. I dream of tiring all day at work and I reward myself by watching comedies in front of my TV with my popcorn or other food, in a house of mine and accompanied with a boyfriend, hopefully. Before I figure out which direction am I leading to, I want myself to be tired and to dedicate my heart and soul on my job, then I’ll get myself a job that’s less tired and more salary. Public relation manager that I think is the perfect job for my needs.
2.    Job description
It mainly divided in four services Commercial companies, Public relations companies, Digital marketing companies and Social event companies. Since I’m more a big fan of internet and exhibition I’ll pick digital marketing and social event marketing for examples. Digital marketing is simply the meaning of its name, marketing online. As a public relation you have to help your client to build their own website whether it’s the company’s own home page or on Facebook and Instagram. You have to help them manage the website and help them to seen by more people. Youtube is getting more and more popular nowadays, it also could be promoted on Youtube. Your work is to contact with the manager of youtubers to promote your company’s product or have your own Youtube channels and video. As for social event marketing, you’ll have to have a good relationship with the media to promote the event. You also have to do an event with a limited time and money, contact with the companies that are related to the event and know really well about the detail and time to control the event.
3.    Advantages of being a public relation manager
It helps you to see a better future of this society you’re in and build up the experience. The job forces you to team up with others and work with others even though you like to work by yourself. You’ll learn how to communicate with those people who disagree with you and hopefully finish cases smoothly. You’ll have to train your speaking skills in order to persuade the company you’re hoping to work with. You also have to present your idea to your boss and done it confidently. It makes you have to talk with all kinds professions then to realize their needs and to do a case for them.
The good thing about the job is that it forces you to grow, you rather live or die. This kind of pressure is exactly what we need as a new graduate. We’ve been protected for so long, it’s time to have a better look to this world and help you face the music.
4.    Disadvantages of being a public relation manager
First thing first to concern is your health. Since the job will be really stressful and takes a lot of your time, you might have to sacrifice some sleeping hours. Second of all is to take off some of your free times. Cases will be coming in several and each of the case has their deadlines, you and your team might have to discuss for a long time.
The mostly of this part is your stress and how well you can handle the stress. If it’s the challenge for you to concur then it’ll be fine, but if it’s not okay for you at all then it might not suitable for you.
5.    Long-term career development
The possible career for public relation manager would be in branding, marketing and programming. If you are professional enough, you could be the head of doing the case and designing the product. There’s also a possibility that you could have your own company and have your own group. Be your own boss of the crew and having cases which would be very hard but really worth it.
6.    How to be a public relation manager
It’s good for me to have the English conversation skills as advantages and also the Japanese. If there’s an opportunity, it would be better for company to send a person who has two languages ability. Because I have took some management classes as minor, it would be useful for me to have that kind of basic knowledge. Other than all I’ve learned in college, rest will be trained when I encounter them.
References
公關公司工作經歷對社會新鮮人的幫助與殘害

公關公司教我的3堂課:態度還沒對以前,沒有一份好工作

追求行銷力還是光鮮亮麗?進公關公司前請先自問五個重要問題

溫蒂穿著紅白拖|FROM A GIRL TO A WOMAN
集媒體公關、旅行走跳的女人成長記事

留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

my favorite channel

I binge on watching Youtube everyday, that's how I improve my English, I watch videos everyday. I watch a  lot of youtubers, such as the biggest youtuber in the world,Pewdiepie. Or those youtubers who makes skits like Ryan Higa and Smosh. Also some vloggers like David Dobrik and Shane Dawson. There are too much subjects to watch on Youtube, I think the website is the most easiest to learn English in entertaining way. Make sure to watch variety of the subjects, because different contents bring you to different worlds, different creators give you different point of views. I connected to this world through Youtube, and it's pleasant to watch your favorite creators make contents and keep growing their channel because of their contents are worth being noticed. Pewdiepie: GOD of Youtube Ryan Higa: the KING of Youtube Smosh: SHUT UP!!! David Dobrik: the cutest vlogger Shane Dawson: the QUEEN of Youtube These just little amount of creators that I watch, it...